You must be the homeowner to sign for your GoToMyControls.com System. If you’re renting, you must have the landlord present at the time of your scheduled appointment.
After your friend’s GoToMyControls.com System is installed you will receive $50 credit towards your monitoring fees. Moreover, with every 3 friends referred and installed you will received an additional $50 bonus applicable towards your monitoring fees. This is the most generous referral program in the industry. See our Refer a Friend Program for more details.
Most insurance company offers discounts on homeowners insurance premiums because of the installation of a monitored security system. You should consult your insurance agent for details.
A Duress code is a feature that allows your system to notify the police without alarming anyone in your perimeter that the police is in route. This is most commonly used if you believe you are being followed home or can even be used in a hostage situation. This feature is standard on all our GoToMyControls.com systems.
YES! You as the homeowner will have a master code which is the only code that allows you to change your settings on your GoToMyControls.com system. Most of our GoToMyControls.com systems allow up to 64 user codes. A user code is what you would need to issue to your trusted neighbor. The beauty of using different codes is to help you figure out who and when they come home.
Service fees are free for the first 12 month (initial period) if you’re not at fault. After the initial period you will be charged a $50 flat fee for any scheduled service during normal business hours (M-F 8am to 6pm, excluding holidays).
No, your GoToMyControls.com system operates on a different wireless frequency and does not interfere with your wireless internet or any wireless equipment in the house.
Shortly. After your GoToMyControls.com system has been installed you will be able to login into your GoToMyControls.com account. Upon activation of the equipment, your Go!Control touch screen panel will display a message with your temporary password which can be changed when logging in at www.GoToMyControls.com/login.
Yes, you are still able to arm the system. The system will automatically bypass the open zone to allow arming of the system.
GoToMyControls Web Portal Questions
Ensure your “pop up blocker” isn’t enabled if so you will need to disable this to gain access to the website.
- Confirm the Login and Password entered are correct
- Refresh the website page and re-enter the User Login and Password.
If you forgot your username click on the ‘login help?’ link.
- For Username enter your email address and your username will be emailed to you.
- For Password enter your username, you will then have to answer your security questions. If you do not remember the answer to your security question contact GoToMyControls.com at 954-399-1511 to reset your password.
The GoToMyControls.com web control site does not display User Codes that were programmed into the control panel directly. User Codes created directly at the control panel may replace User Codes reflected on the website, but the website will not show the change. If you would like the website to reflect accurate User Codes, we recommend that you use the website exclusively when making changes to your panel User Codes.
To change User Codes through the website, login to your GoToMyControls.com account and go to Security > User Codes.
If your system is already armed, additional arming commands sent through the website will fail. For example, if your system is currently in Arm Stay mode, a website command to change it to Arm Away mode will fail.
You must first disarm the system through the website, and then send the Arm Away command. Likewise, if the system is in Arm Away mode, a website command to change it to Arm Stay mode will fail.
You cannot switch from Arm Stay to Arm Away mode and vice versa through the website. You must always disarm the system first, and then arm it to the desired mode.
Whenever a motion sensor detects activity, it tells the panel. The motion sensor reports activity regardless of the panel arming state.
If no activity is detected then the idle status will show.
When at the premises, check the zone that is showing open; try to open and close the door/window to ensure that it is properly closed. If that does not correct the issue, please contact GoToMyControls.com at 954-399-1511 for further troubleshooting or schedule a service visit.
Mobile App Questions
Android users can use their Android device’s barcode scanner app to capture the image at https://www.alarm.com/overview/android_barcode.aspx or they can search for ‘Alarm.com’ in the Android Market on their compatible Android device to download it.
iPhone users will be able to find the app in the iTunes store. Simply go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/?id=315010649
You don’t need to own the latest smartphone to benefit from Alarm.com remote access.
As long as your phone has a web browser, you can sign into Alarm.com from anywhere using our cell phone optimized website.
It is designed to give you quick access to all of Alarm.com useful features:
- Check current system and sensor status.
- Arm and disarm the system from anywhere.
- Watch live video and saved video clips.
- View recent system and sensor activity.
Sign in to Alarm.com from any compatible cell phone using our optimized mobile website: m.alarm.com
Confirm that the devices at home are not being tampered with.
If you just changed a battery to a device insure that the cover to the device is placed back on securely.
If the problem persists, please contact GoToMyControls.com at 954-399-1511.
Please go through the following steps:
- When you log into your account at GoToMyControls.com or Alarm.com go to the ‘Notification’ tab and confirm that you have notifications enabled. If it is, continue to step 2.
- Confirm that you have the correct email address or SMS number listed to be notified on. If it is, continue to step 3.
- If receiving text notifications confirm that your phone number and cellular phone provider to receive the text notifications are correct. If they are, continue to step 4.
- If all of this information is correct, please contact GoToMyControls.com at 954-399-1511 for further assistance.
You may receive this message due to a variety of factors:
- The Panel lost power for an extended period and the panel battery is drained, therefore the radio communicator cannot transmit.
- The radio communicator has been tampered with, destroyed, disconnected or has otherwise malfunctioned.
- Wireless signal strength issue or coverage issue.
- If the problem persists, please contact GoToMyControls.com at 954-399-1511 for further troubleshooting or schedule a service visit